Looking at the poor job availability in the market, it is necessary to provide opportunities for SC/ST students to start their own enterprise. The broad objective of this scheme to help SC/ST students is in designing, launching and running their own business/startup through entrepreneurship development program after formal education is over/during their education as per AICTE’s startup policy.
· AICTE approved Institutes / AICTE approved University Departments.
· Institute/University Departments must be in existence for at least ten years.
· Institutions should also have a good incubation centre & its activities happening for at-least 5 years.
· The Institute must have minimum of 50 SC/ST students on an average on roll during last 3 years and comply with the guidelines of Tribal Sub Plan & Scheduled Caste Sub Plan of Govt. of India
Duration of the Scheme
The duration of the Scheme shall be for a period of 2 Years.
Limit of Funding
Total funding of Rs.20 Lakh (of which Rs. 1 lakh/year shall be recurring grant).
Disbursement of the Funds
100% of recurring funds to be released at the time of the award of the Scheme.
The proposal shall be assessed by an Expert Committee constituted as follows:
Three experts not below the rank of Associate Professor including at least one entrepreneur.
Terms and Conditions
· The AICTE shall provide a limited one-time financial assistance of Rs. 20 lakhs. A committee at the level of the institute be set up to select 9 startups of SC/ST students, who are already registered. Rs. 2 lakhs per startup will be given as seed money which is nonrefundable. Rs. 2 lakhs will be given to institute for meeting the expenditure on honorarium to the Eminent Faculty Members/ entrepreneur invited for conducting sessions on entrepreneurship.
For the Centre to function smoothly and to meet its objectives effectively, it is essential that this center has dedicated faculty as Principal coordinator and support staff.
The Following activities are expected of the center:
i. Providing seed money to the passed out/present students for starting their own enterprise after completion of the formal education from the same institute.
ii. Organize the workshops, training classes to enhance their skill for starting their own enterprise after completion of formal education
iii. Organize open houses/ personality development workshops/competitions among students, to test the degree of their learning.
iv. The Institute shall devise a feed-back mechanism to assess the importance of the program The feed-back shall be obtained after each program from each of the SC/ST students. If need be, the Institute can update its curriculum of these programs.
v. The startup beneficiaries from other Scheme of AICTE/GOI will not be entitled for this Scheme.
ARE provides support and consultancy related to publicity, advertisements, publications, promotional programs for mass awareness and fundraising, execution of planning and programs for social practice, monitoring, evaluation and management.
Presently ARE has been concentrated into some State cum Central innovative schemes like DSIR, DST, SEED, CRS (Community Radio Station) etc.
Note: If you satisfied or interested in our services, please be in touch with us through the following...
ARE (Arms for Rural Entrepreneurs)
Karunagappally, Kollam, Kerala, India-690544
Tel: +917907048573, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
UDYAM-KL-06-0000419; Reg. No: SH020500060479
Web : www.areklm.com
Link : www.areklm.org